The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- 25mm napoleonic french - light 12 figures - inf (26063)
- Trumpeter 05339 1 350 USS New York BB-34
- Gund Flappy the Elephant Soft Toy New With Tags 4053934
- H224233 Hyper 10 2-Speed Set 15 19 39 43
- Dungeon Lords Czech Games Edition Brand New CGE00007
- 1 18 Scale BMW 3.0 CSL KM Brands Hatch 1979 Dieudonne Minichamps 155792506
- Oreca 01 No. 6 Lemans 2010
- 522F AMT Model Kit Assembled Ford Mustang Shelby Gt 500 Green 1 43
- LIVING DEAD DOLLS HELLRAISER III – PINHEAD MEZCO TOYS
- Batman Retro Action Figures Series Pamela Isely [Dress Variant]
- GI JOE 1980s Euro European RAH Parts bluee Print.Paper Work Vintage Vehicle LOT
- GI Joe Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow valor vs venom figures
- VINTAGE Mario's Cement Factory Tabletop Game & Watch, Amazing Condition, In Box
- Kinetic K48044 1 48 EA-6B Prowler (New Wings) with a Three-Wheel Tractor
- Scalextric Digital RCT Team Rally Car Finland C3712 Brand New Boxed
- Wentworth 500 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle Whimsy pieces - Pendle in May
- 1 18 AUTOART 77899 PORSCHE 911 997 GT2 DARK GREY NEW
- Porsche 917K GP Magny Cours 18 187580J
- Peugeot 308 Gt Line Sw Station Wagon 2017 White Pearl Met NOREV 1 43 NV473818 Mo
- Ty Beanie Baby - Bumble the bee 3rd Gen Hang Tag
- Elite Series 28 John Cena Action Figure [Dog Tags, Hat, Bicep Band & Mic]
- GI Joe Collector Club 7.0 General Hawk
- 28MM COLONIAL WITCHDOCTOR'S KIBANDA -PAINTED- Congo Death In The Dark Continent
- Marvel Legends Avengers CULL OBSIDIAN BAF Set of 6 MIB shipped in FACTORY CASE
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport